Tuesday, January 20, 2015



January is almost over... THANK GOD!

Not that we do terrible in January, but I mean hey- I got my hair cut and colored for $50 bucks, have gotten so many sales at local stores  and signed up for a gym with nothing down. January sucks just a little bit for everyone- and well when you are selling sweets, and everyone is on the "New Year New Me" kick it ain't helping!

But hey it is always someones birthday, anniversary, a reason to thank someone, and well music. We expanded- and we have a stage made thanks to Jeremy's friend Baby Alan ( I actually don't know why he is called Baby Alan, other then his real name is Alan, and the Baby part I forgot....) and thanks to Santa bringing lots of Guitar Center gift cards to Jeremy we have a PA System- so we have been having a lot of local bands from New England playing. And not because they come and bring a lot of people who buy cupcakes- but so far, everyone has been insanely talented. Music I would put in my car and sing really loud to talented.

So we have a lot under our belt, but it all ends up in some way tying with cupcakes. We are clever like that.

Another reason why I am not a fan of January, besides it being my birthday month and well- I am a Debbie the Downer on my birthday- but I always end up sick and so do my kids. All three, and if I am lucky all at the same time. It makes it so much easier if one is sick at each time, then it is just an on going cycle of puke, tissues, sleepless nights and doctor visits.

Also speaking of my age- this article from Connecticut Magazine came out-
http://www.connecticutmag.com/Connecticut-Magazine/February-2015/40-Under-40-Class-of-2015/

Top 40 under 40. I made the list. I have no idea how, but it is pretty awesome, and what was more awesome reading the other 39 peoples bios and why they were on the list. It is crazy to see so much talent. My good friend, Kate from KSJ made the list as well and she is just amazing and the poster girl from Hustler. She is non stop, and pushes her product- doing her website, making new inventory, making flyers and promoting and doing shows almost all weekend. Totally well deserved, she is amazing and so is her work.




No comments:

Post a Comment